headerimg

doorknobs.Don’t try opening .

in Vorstellung 09.12.2015 10:44
von bvcnbvf • 93 Beiträge | 103 Punkte

ing in the back of a white pickup truck serving as an unwitting symbol of the resilience Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses 2016 , love and hope Albertans have displayed during the floods.Mitchell, who used to work as a photojournalist, arranged for the marriage commissioner, who was stuck in Banff, to hand the couple s marriage license to a truck driver who was shuttling people through the single lane open on a washed-out highway.Then, she managed to find another marriage commissioner locally.Patricia Compton, whose own basement was flooded, was up for it, saying she needed something to make her feel good.With only four out of the 175 or so invited guests present, the couple married on a rainy Saturday, with the full support of a community elated to see love shine through a struggle.We were so worried that we would be doing something disrespectful, Ms.Bierman told the Huffington Post.But when the locals themselves started to encourage us, that s when we knew it was going to be OK.pre-loaded debit cards to Alberta flood victimsDave Bidini: Scenes from the Canmore flood zoneThe photo was snapped just an hour after the 1 pm vows, in a rare break of sunshine that cut through the rainy day, Ms.The whole town was feeling hope, she said.When we were shooting that photo, many people came out on the deck to watch.Mitchell and a photographer friend, who also drove through flood waters to assist, stood in calf-to-knee deep muddy, raw sewage-tinged water to get the shot, taken in two runs with the truck.Bierman donned her trusty green hunting rubber boots underneath her white dress, Ms.delighted to be married and ready to start the rest of their lives.We just want to thank everyone who went so far above and beyond what they needed to do, Ms.So many people helped us get married that didn t need to help us.They are such good Cheap Latest Bridesmaid Dresses , good people.Q A: Marla McLean on being a newlywed at the Shaw FestivalIn May, we spoke to the Shaw Festival s artistic director, Jackie Maxwell, about the joys and struggles of the Festival s six-day work week.She mentioned that actors, if they are hoping to get married during the season, have to do it on a Monday, so it does not conflict with the performance schedule.One such wedding took place on May 20 of this year between actors Marla McLean and Graeme Somerville.But with the Shaw season running until November, it may prove difficult to plan a honeymoon anytime soon.McLean returns to the Shaw Festival in 2013 for her eighth season, playing the role of Lady Windermere in Lady Windermere s Fan (which our own Robert Cushman called, both visually and tonally, a masterpiece ).She will also appear as Caroline Bramble in Enchanted April, which begins previews on June 25.In addition to her years of service at Shaw, McLean has also been a regular fixture on regional theatre stages across the country.In 2003, McLean won a Robert Merritt Award for Outstanding Actress for her portrayal of Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker.The Post spoke to McLean from her home in Niagara-on-the-Lake.Below, what it s like to be Marla McLean, in her own words:I don t think our honeymoon will be happening soon.We finish here at the end of October, but like all actors, we re gypsies, so we might be moving on to other work.Our plan is to go to Paris at some point and wander the streets, but that may have to be next year.I grew up in Nova Scotia.I was born in Sydney, Cape Breton, grew up in Dartmouth, and spent my summers in Prince Edward Island.I had a couple of favourite movies growing up.One was Funny Girl with Barbra Streisand.The other was The Usual Suspects.I ve seen it far too many times to say out loud.Boots are my go-to accessory.if you throw those on with a dress Cheap Bridesmaid Dresses , you re good to go.You can tackle the world.There are so many actors who inspire me.Sharry Flett and Mary Haney.Their work ethic is exceptional.Their detail and passion on stage is inspiring to watch.I look at those women and think, If I could be half the actor they are, I would be all right.I have a couple of favourite roles that I ve played.Lady Windermere, my current role, is definitely up there.Peter Hinton has taken a classical piece and turned it on its head.I ve done a lot of classical work, but to have an opportunity to play a role that s quite traditional on paper, and then lift it outside that box it s been a great challenge and a huge pleasure.It s been a fantastic adventure working with Peter Hinton.He s a visionary, and he is very clear as to what that vision is.He s great at letting his actors in.So once we got on the train and it certainly was a train there are times when we would go off the rails, but that was an acceptable practice in rehearsals, which was a great thing both for him and us.It was a great adventure.I m not reading anything right now.I m preparing for an audition right now.Actually, it s Jane Eyre, so that s what I m reading.I m listening to a lot of Mumford Sons.It wasn t the last thing I bought, but it s something I keep coming back to.I m learning to cook.I m teaching myself, and I am a great sous-chef to my new husband.Edited from an interview with David Rockne CorriganLady Windermere s Fan plays at Shaw s Festival Theatre through October 19.Enchanted April runs June 25 October 26.For more information, visit ShawFest.Sondra Gotlieb: It s twilight of the doorknobs as our whole house falls apartWe live in a three-story house, but most of our friends of our ancient age have cleverly moved to condos.Apparently nothing goes wrong in a condo, and if it does, there’s always a helpful handyman who lives downstairs to put things right, tout suite.But in our 100-plus-year-old house, we never know what to do when our latest problem strikes.There have been problems since we purchased it a generation or so ago.Occasionally we just let it go as long as it’s not the toilet overflowing or the water not running.Our family on both sides has never been handy with hammer and nails, or even diagnosing the problem.Our latest challenge is doorknobs.Don’t try opening .

nach oben springen

informed deci.

in Vorstellung 09.12.2015 10:44

like it was torn from a Tumblr page Cheap Muslim Wedding Dresses , yet she makes it appear as though it comes naturally, like she was born with a crown made of pink geraniums.Full Comment’s Araminta Wordsworth brings you a daily round-up of quality punditry from across the globe.Pity the Virginia governor who couldn’t afford a pricey haute couture frock for his wife to wear at his inauguration.That was the plight of Bob McDonnell, who found winning the state’s top job came with a hefty price tag.We are broke, have an unconscionable amount in credit card debt already, and this Inaugural is killing us!Oscar de la Renta dress.Federal prosecutors charged the now ex-governor and his wife in a gift-giving scandal this week.to pay for the catering at ftheir daughter’s wedding, a Rolex watch, Louis Vuitton shoes, Cape Cod weekends, golf greens fees and thousands of dollars in cash.the birthplace of Thomas Jefferson has no laws about corruption.who formed its governing class.Before he left office, even Mr.McDonnell agreed the state’s ethics rules needed updating.is taking a different tack.The argument: He did nothing different from President Barack Obama and former governor Tim Kaine, reports Josh Gerstein at Politico.The President routinely participates in corporate events which lend credibility to his major benefactors, invites benefactors to events at the White House, allows his photo to be taken with benefactors, and includes benefactors in policy discussions with senior administration officials.Politics is replete with examples of major benefactors receiving more substantial government benefits than anything suggested here.The New York Times Jonathan Martin and Michael D.Shears explain the Virginian mindset.restrictions on what gifts family members of Virginia officeholders can accept or any limits whatsoever on the source or size of campaign contributions to politicians.has for centuries fancied itself a haven of good government led by public-spirited citizens dating to Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson.up to date is long overdue.to face criminal charges.One of Virginia’s Ways has sometimes been used to justify the other: The state needn’t bother itself with tough public ethics laws, the self-satisfied argument went, because of the self-evident virtues of its exemplary political culture.McDonnell is Exhibit A for the vacuity of that point of view.If federal prosecutors are correct, he put himself squarely on the wrong side of the law even in Virginia’s permissive environment.Amy Davidson at The New Yorker is offended by the pettiness of the couple’s graft and their sense of entitlement.Like the maddest sort of sex scandal Cheap Princess Wedding Dresses , the greed is both unbounded and imaginatively constrained.It’s like hearing about a politician sexting or seeing a prostitute and asking oneself, He gave it all up for that?rather than serious money, or that he wasn’t, say, accepting a bid from an unsafe cement contractor which would allow a bridge somewhere to collapse.and not just in Virginia.Dear Sam,I’m painting our condo white again.I made a horrible choice three years ago.I painted test patches and thought I’d chosen well, but after I’d paid the painters the walls looked peach.I cried like a baby!I want the right white this time.Please suggest the perfect white.I can’t tell a damn bit of difference between the different test patches on the wall.Thanks, KelHi Kel,You’re not the first person to cry after the paint has dried, especially white.I find white can go two ways: flesh-toned or science lab.Neither shade’s a winner.When I read your question, I asked a few design friends to tell me their favourite whites.Here’s what they said.by Farrow Ball is a warm clean white that beautifully complements white linen, and doesn’t yellow over time.I painted my living room walls this colour 10 years ago and it still looks fresh and inviting.I use Benjamin Moore Cloud White (CC-40) with neutral colours and Benjamin Moore Distant Gray (OC-68) with cool colours.They work with anything.Always Farrow Ball’s Pointing for a warm wall white.It cuts the glare when the sun is shining brightly and at night it takes on a very rich tone verging on pale, pale beige.warm and slightly aged looking, with undertones of cream and a tint of grey.I still love Cloud White for walls.I’ve never found anything better.It’s warm but still fresh.Cloud White is almost a fail-safe choice.It looks good in almost any home, no matter the quality of light.It falls into the warmer white category and has a nice richness and depth to it.I reach for Cloud White.My whites are always in balance with other finishes in a home.I use Cloud White for warm transitional spaces or Benjamin Moore’s Oxford White (CC-30) for cool modern ones.Benjamin Moore’s Ballet White OC-9 is chalky, slightly grey white.Never harsh but fresh and clean.Cotton Balls OC-122 from Benjamin Moore is a very clean and crisp white and is slightly brighter than other, more common Cheap Plus Size Wedding Dresses , white paints.It is perfect for ceilings, doors and trim and lends itself to contemporary spaces.I love Farrow Ball’s All White 2005 for its pure, chalky finish.It’s a clean, simple, reliable white.Benjamin Moore’s Simply White OC-117.It’s clean, fresh and yet it’s warm.There are no yellow or peach undertones, and it’s not chalky.We’ve used it in modern and traditional interiors and it’s a perfect backdrop for any accent palette.Wedding White 70YY/037 by Glidden/ICI.This warm white with a slight yellow undertone looks crisp, inviting, and it creates a perfect backdrop to display art work.I’ve always been a fan of Natural White by Glidden/ICI.Not too stark, not too yellow, just the right tone to complement all the fabulous colours you’ll dress your walls in!As for me, for traditional spaces, I like Farrow Ball’s off-white Slipper Satin No.walls and trim) and Pointing (ceilings).For modern spaces, I’ve been using Oxford White because House Home s Joel Bray used it in his New York-style apartment and I liked it.And you can do this, too: Make an informed deci.

nach oben springen

the runway.YoutubeInstagramRSS.

in Vorstellung 09.12.2015 10:45

arriages Cheap Vintage Wedding Dresses , but the government struck down those laws after the Supreme Court decision.Officials also now allow gay couples to adopt children.In recent days, Gov.Alejandro Garcia Padilla also signed two executive orders that allow transgender and transsexual people to change their gender on their driver's license and protect their rights when seeking medical services.Los Angeles Charlotte Morran never shops at Forever 21.So when the 33-year-old accidentally took an escalator that lands in the Forever 21 store at the Beverly Center shopping mall here on Monday afternoon, she made a beeline for the exit.This website requires Javascript to run correctly.Click here for help enabling it The New Zealand Herald6:41pm Sat 22 AugustNetwork 0 / 0 Loading Help Support The New Zealand HeraldBay of Plenty TimesHawke s Bay TodayThe Rotorua Daily PostThe Northern AdvocateWairarapa Times-AgeWanganui ChronicleHamilton NewsThe AucklanderThe Northland AgeStratford PressHerald RugbyVivaDream TeamBiteTrue CommercialNewspixDriven nzherald.EmailPrintNew ZealandSmall BusinessSmall business editor Caitlin Sykes this week interviews a handful of small business owners about how they manage family succession.Anita Turner-Williams, owner and designer at Vinka Design.Photo / Katie Wilson Anita Turner-Williams is the owner and designer at wedding dress design firm Vinka Design, which she took over from her mother Vinka Lucas.Did you grow up knowing you were going to take over the family business?Right from when I was a little girl of three or four I was imitating mum in the workroom.My parents bought me a little sewing machine and I would be alongside her making my dolls dresses.I never imagined doing anything else and my parents encouraged that.I learnt how to do everything in the workroom, from the smallest jobs right through.When I was older I'd work there in the school holidays; I was always pretty keen to get into it.How did you transition to owning the business?The decision was literally made for me when my mother collapsed with a stroke on her way to work.So really there was no transition; I had to step up and do the job because she was no longer capable of doing it, but the business was still ticking on.That was about six years ago.It was one of those 'now or never' moments.So Vinka had been fully running the business up to that point?I was quite involved with it anyway, and we'd talk through business ideas and discuss things, but she was still the boss and I was working for her.When it happened I'd just come back from my honeymoon.It was a terrible shock Cheap Lace Wedding Dresses , but I wanted to continue her legacy, and to keep the business focused on the clients and delivering for them.I just had to step up and get on with it.Given that was the way the business transitioned, what helped you through?We didn't want our clients to worry about our crisis, so we had to keep focusing on what we had to do.I had to be the front of house, as well as make sure everything was ticking along nicely in the workroom, so the challenge was finding the time to make that commitment.I had to talk to my family and tell them that me taking on the business was going to be a massive commitment.I could have easily turned away and said it's all too hard.But I said to myself I'd never know if I was good enough if I didn't try, and I'd rather do that than wonder what might have been.It's so easy to design behind someone else's label, but when it's your money on the line it tends to matter a bit more.What advice would you have for someone else taking on a family business?Respect the past and what's been achieved to that point in the business because it matters.It's something to be proud of.When I took over, the salon and collection had to reflect me as a designer but it also had to be true to Vinka's design aesthetic and standards.That meant from the outside it didn't look like there had been a big change; perhaps I have a different design perspective Cheap Short Wedding Dresses , but the business still has Vinka's design DNA.I'd also advise listening to the staff because you don't know everything.They want the business to succeed as well, and you have to respect other points of view and listen to wise heads.You don't have to do everything your way and put your stamp on everything to feel like the business is yours.Don't change just for the sake of it.How about the future of the business in terms of succession?We're still young here but it would be lovely if there was another young talent who shared our vision and would come along at some point and design for the label.I'd like to think it was a brand that someone else could design for, which is why I didn't make the label all about me because what happens when you're gone?Coming up in Small Business: What do small business owners do when they have a baby?NZ HeraldRead more by Caitlin Sykes Email Caitlin SykesEmailPrintView moreSmall Business: Family succession Small Business: Family succession - James Fisher, PJF Services Small Business: Family succession - John Eady, Lewis Eady Small Business: Family succession - Deb Shepherd LoadingCurrencyCompare and convert world currencies.Discover more LoadingLoadingHerald ServicesBook your adDrivenPhotos for saleTrue CommercialDeath NoticesPublic Notices Our Regional News StoriesThe Northern AdvocateSport: Whittaker feels weight of US expectationAsk New Zealand powerlifting champion Joseph Whittaker what his least favorite food is Hawke's Bay TodayObituary: Stuart Tuari John James (Hemi) Panapa Hastings man Stuart "Hemi" Panapa died last Sunday, without receiving the Queen's Service Bay of Plenty TimesAnnemarie Quill: Rugby makes me fit for citizenship It has been 12 years since I moved to New Zealand but it was only this week that I became Our Features Top StoriesDrivenTesting BMW’s xDrive X-factor in Thailand Driven takes to the once opium-growing region of Thailand as a guest of BMW to test BMW's VivaModels to Watch at NZFW The up-and-coming models to look out for on the runway.YoutubeInstagramRSS.

nach oben springen

t the young Selena Gomez.

to her Cheap Beach Wedding Dresses , ‘Forget this stuff, what can one person do?You can’t save a girl in Iran on death row.Just get on with the record.Afshin-Jam thought otherwise.She joined the international voices of protest and used the platform of her pageantry success, her presence, voice and looks to bring attention to the case around the world.Afshin-Jam came to Ottawa to lobby the government to agitate for Ms.Fatehi’s life and in the process ended up changing her own.MacKay was Canada’s Minister of Foreign Affairs.MacKay told his local newspaper, The New Glasgow News, on Thursday, a day after announcing their marriage.She is a very caring and compassionate person.I came to admire her kind heart and the fact that she loves children and animals.Her successful campaign for Ms.Fatehi’s freedom inspired her to start a human rights organization called Stop Child Executions with another Iranian ex-pat in 2007.When she found out that it could be done, that she could do it, she realized there were a lot of other kids out there.Meanwhile her professional relationship with Mr.MacKay became personal.The pair began dating in 2010.MacKay said he proposed to his new wife in Valentia, a little island on the southern tip of Ireland that is his great-grandfather’s ancestral home.But first he phoned her father for his blessing, Mr.The Afshin-Jam clan are all remarkably close and major decisions are often based on wide consultation.Peter was vetted, I was vetted.Karroll, laughing over the phone from Mexico, where he travelled for the couple’s wedding.Her parents would want to make sure he was right for his daughter.They only really knew what they read about him.He passed the test and the couple were married in Mexico by a Nova Scotia reverend with the couple’s family in attendance.They are currently on their honeymoon.MacKay said of the couple’s decision to wed in Mexico.We were married by local reverend, Glen Matheson of New Glasgow, in a beautiful, quaint, traditional hillside chapel overlooking the ocean.Our families and loved ones took part in the service.In announcing the marriage on his website, Mr.MacKay said his bride feels at home in Nova Scotia and they look forward to calling Pictou County home.I am very happy for them.Duke, secretary-treasurer for Stop Child Executions.It’s the most unlikely union, on the surface.Nazanin is quite the pacifist.She opposes military intervention in Iran.SCE has a logo that dramatically waves a flag for its tragic cause.It features a stick figure, akin to the picture of a man on public washroom doors Cheap Trumpet/Mermaid Wedding Dresses , only this one is hanging despondently from a noose with a crooked neck and clutching a teddy bear.Who pops the question?Sarah Nicole Prickett on the rules of engagementBy Sarah Nicole PrickettWhy has 2011 been like the official year of wedding fever?Surely we women should be concentrating on our tech start-ups, urban farms and loft conversions.But no, this year half the globe obsessed over a certain Kate and her dress and her wedding (for the record, I literally slept through it), while the fashion world (guilty) went green over the other Kate and her Mario Testino photos and her eleventy bridesmaids in Bonpoint frocks.We then satisfied our resulting envy and/or self-disgust by watching Bridesmaids, the wedding-brained Kristen Wiig-starring comedy smash that proved surprisingly feminist by taking men mostly out of the whole ordeal.went flop; let’s please take a moment to thank ourselves.on why, oops, we’re not getting married.In last weekend’s New York Times, there was an op-ed challenging the belief that 70% of black women remain single;Unlike Bolick, Walker dared breathe no suggestion that if the institution of marriage is limping, maybe we should just walk away.But the majority remain stuck with a lifelong attachment to lifelong attachment.Or, shall I say, a lifelong attachment to the idea of lifelong attachment.This was also the regrettable year in which we all kept up with the Kardashians, even without watching (I swear!a single episode of the show.It was impossible not to know that Kim got married, in August, smack in the dead days of television, bringing her gajillion-dollar enterprise a network record-imploding 10.It was impossible not to know that Kim got divorced, on Halloween, after 72 days of marriage (or, a third of the length of Hermain Cain’s campaign).by the incredibly romantic business of being herself on E!Entertainment Television.million and weighed 20.It was impossible not to know that she kept it.And it was impossible not to wonder, again, if all this rigamarole isn’t really more about the ring than what the ring represents.are a-flash with full-page ads selling forever diamonds.It’s telling of the institution just how dated Cheap A-Line Wedding Dresses , how traditional, how frankly tacky and bougie and lame these rings look.and felt like a dude in the ’90s trying to tell the difference between little black dresses.It’s telling also that in both lads and ladies mags, the rings are for the ladies.Tiffany’s has launched the dedicated engagement site WhatMakesLoveTrue.s, so expectation-maxing and pornily voyeuristic, that it should really be WhatMakesLoveTrue.proposals: in one, he takes her deep-sea diving for pearls, but she finds a diamond instead.Jesus, like speaking of pressure levels.Anyway, to the great credit of Tiffany’s ad agency, What Makes Love True doesn’t position the ring as the end goal of romance; what’s being sold here is more subtly implied.If it seems strange that 80% of men say (or said, in a few-years-ago survey) they would accept a proposal from a woman, but only 9% of women would propose, it helps not to accuse both sides of lying to themselves (that too, though), but to look long and hard at the ring.I think women still want that ring, and as with anything sparkling and over-the-top and too expensive, we want to be given it.You know, ’cause it’s a symbol of enduring love and commitment, but like, dudely.On something of a whatever note, recent word has it the young Selena Gomez.

nach oben springen

just goes with the whole .

gnate Evgeny Lebedev Cheap Wedding Dresses , who owns British daily The Independent and London’s Evening Standard.The photos of Harry stained a positive image the Royal family has carefully crafted as it worked to turn the page on Princess Diana’s death in 1997 and a raft of scandals at the time including Prince Andrew’s ex-wife Sarah Ferguson having her toes sucked by a U.Royal sources said the photo spread felt like a flashback to the paparazzi chases of Princess Diana, William’s mother, making it even more painful for him.William and Kate were staying at the Chateau d’Autet near Aix-en-Provence in the Luberon region, whose picture-postcard villages, rolling lavender fields and vineyards have made it a favourite getaway spot for wealthy foreigners.But they had more clothes onAt one point the Duchess, clearly recognizable in the slightly fuzzy images, stands up and partly peels down her bikini bottoms as William rubs sun lotion on her back.reads one photo caption.People always say she doesn’t need to dress up to look good.could not see what all the fuss was all about.said a newspaper vendor called Sylvie, selling the magazine in central Paris.Closer, a weekly round-up of celebrity gossip, ran a dozen shots of the Duchess as she slipped off her bikini top, relaxed on a sun lounger and at one point pulled down the back of her bikini bottoms as William rubs sun cream on her.The spread is a blow to Buckingham Palace as it tries to move on from a scandal over naked shots of Prince Harry that tarred an image bolstered by Kate and William’s wedding, the Queen’s 2012 Diamond Jubilee and her Olympic Games appearance.While Closer defended its decision to publish the photographs, a royal spokesperson called it a grotesque move that had upset the royal couple, currently touring southeast Asia, and said Buckingham Palace was consulting lawyers.RelatedPrince Harry naked photo runs on cover of Murdoch's Sun; more photos expected to emergeKelly McParland: The serious debate about Prince Harry's buttIt's about'freedom of the press': U.WINDSORS TAKE THEIR CLOTHES OFFCloser, published by Italian company Mondadori, would likely lose any legal case over invasion of privacy, although profits from the issue would likely far exceed any fine faced, likely just a few thousand euros.in some cases, a torrent of Twitter commentary on both sides of the English Channel mostly chided Closer for running the shots.in a mock threat to the British tabloid newspaper that published the nude photos of Prince Harry.Royal sources said the photo spread was a flashback to the paparazzi chases of Princess Diana, William’s mother Cheap Vintage Prom Dresses , making it even more painful for him.Closer said Kate was also spotted smoking a cigarette on the way out of Marseille airport, where the pair arrived on a commercial flight.The menagerie cast who populate the pages of Ashley Spires illustrated childrens books includes space cats, pint-sized pirates and reclusive sasquatches.one wears a jaunty beret and scarf, another dons myried disguises and in her spare time, the B.born author/illustrator documents her own outfits via her unique outfit blog, Drawn Out Wardrobe.Instead of the usual personal style method of photos, the camera-shy Spires keeps a chronicle of her ensembles by sketching them.The Post’s Tara MacInnis caught up with the multi-talented Spires, now based in Saskatoon, to discuss personal style, the obsession with polka dots, and what her elementary school readership thinks of her ballerina flats.What she s is wearing right nowA pair of AG jeans from Urban Rack in Ladner, B.and some colour-blocked wedges, from Modcloth.Also, a geometrically patterned, almost graffiti-esque scarf from Gap, a LiefNotes at Anthropologie top, a grey wool blazer from Anthropologie, a pink bracelet from Banana Republic and an aqua bracelet from J.The clutch is by a local Saskatoon designer, purchased at a craft fair.How she describes her styleI’ve walked into more than one school, and they say, ‘you’re not at all what I pictured.I want to say eclectic Cheap Junior Prom Dresses , mainly because I tend to wear a lot of colour.I liked to wear colours mixed together even before colour-blocking came in and I was allowed to.I used to describe my style as demented clown, but now that I’m in my 30’s, it’s getting a little more classy.I do like pinks and lots of patterns, and it’s a struggle to get me into really tailored, calm things.I’ve never owned a suit in my life and I probably never will.What she’ll never wearI don’t think I’ll ever be able to pull of harem pants.They look so cute on girls who are around 20, but on me, they would be an 80’s re-dub.And it’s not like I don’t love them, but sometimes you just have to know your limits.Favourite Canadian city to shop inMy west coast roots will hate me, but I might have to say Toronto, because it’s so easy to get everywhere in the city.I go to the Anthropologie in Yorkville, and Yorkdale for J.My editor and I go to the Anthropologie in Don Mills and have dinner and that’s our work meeting!They have beautiful stuff that I want to buy but can’t always afford.I tend to shop the most at the Gap.I won their employee discount card for a year which was amazing and everything was dirt cheap.I end up having a lot of Gap stuff, but I yearn for Era.The most recent thing she boughtA J.Crew Collection dress.I got it on sale, and I was so excited.It’s a pleated, knee-length cap-sleeved, fuchsia silk dress, that cinches in at the waist.We’re going to Calgary for a wedding, and I have some writer’s festivals this fall that I’ll wear it to.It’ll be cute with tights and a blazer.Fuchsia is a year-round colour for me.Favourite item in her closetMy favourite thing right now is polka dots, of which I have plenty.There has to be something polka-dotted on me at all times.I got AG polka dot jeans that are grey with white polka dots, and they are my current major obsession.Desert island beauty bagMAC s Fluidline in Blacktrack.I sought it out when I got my thick bangs and it just goes with the whole .

nach oben springen

Israelis of similar ag.

various anonymous reports from the front lines.Jonah Hill officiatedYes Cheap Latest Prom Dresses , the same Jonah Hill whose career has progressed from guy with cameo in The 40-Year-Old Virgin to two-time Oscar nominee can now add officiant at the wedding of a judge from The Voice to his resume.Apparently, at least.The Olsen Twins did not design the dressYes, the same Olsen Twins whose careers have progressed from Uncle Jesse s nieces to popularizers of the homeless look can not add wedding-dress designers to the wife of the singer from Maroon 5 to their resumes, despite rumours that circulated online following the ceremony.The dress was, in fact, designed by Marchesa, with head honcho Georgina Chapman personally overseeing every detail and fitting.alongside Adam Levine, because of course he couldn t pass up the opportunity to showboat.either that or a song by the group Bright Eyes, it s unclear.at her wedding when the pair first started dating.CALGARY It’s the not-so-secret reality of the Calgary Stampede every year.Mix a party atmosphere with flowing alcohol and you have a recipe for debauchery and questionable behaviour that can destroy relationships.Karen Stewart sees its every year with her Fairways Divorce Solutions business in Calgary, which was launched in 2006 and is a mediation alternative dispute resolution company that offers couples an opportunity to go through a process to bring a resolution to their divorce.So because of that, we are always looking at the analytics.What happens from city to city and season to season.There’s always a spike in Calgary after Stampede.And we’ve seen that consistently since 2006.People who have come through Stampede and they’ve got to that point where they’re making a decision to take the next step and the next step means looking at moving down the world of separation.Relative to the rest of the cities across Canada, the spike in the number of calls is about 40 to 50 per cent higher in Calgary.Stewart said anytime there is an event around a holiday or special occasion where people step away from the hustle and bustle of life, and alcohol is consumed, there is a rise in people taking the steps to end their marriages.For the Stampede, particularly Cheap Prom Dresses , it’s kind of got the whole mix of them all.It’s a bit of a vacation.Lot of alcohol consumption.Sometimes spouses are out without each other.For couples that are happy and healthy and have great relationships, it’s the opposite.It’s an actual bond builder.Just like holidays are.The Stampede party atmosphere is conducive for people letting their guard down, she said.That’s sort of been a cliche for the last 30 years.That trend continues.There’s lots of juicy stories about bad behaviour.Stampede is a family affair and it’s a great place.But it’s also a place that can bring things to a head to what may have been moving in that direction in the first place.She said there is a misnomer that infidelity happens more on the male side but that’s not the case.It’s pretty much half and half from what she has seen.When people are talking about their divorce, it’s very funny, they want to tell you way more than you want to know.RelatedBarbara Kay: After a divorce, equal parenting rights should be the normRyan Glass: Fixing Canada’s Divorce ActAnd the way people dress for the Stampede, or don’t dress, is very revealing.Just the other day, Stewart was sitting in her truck and an attractive young woman walked by who was wearing only a little strip of clothing around her chest and another little strip around her butt.I could see everything and I thought ‘oh my goodness there is Stampede right there’.In 2007, a downtown Calgary hotel made front-page news when patrons to its corporate Stampede tent were able to check their wedding ring at the door for free and airbrush a fake golden glow on their ring finger.The news of the deaths of three kidnapped Israeli teens was published quite literally as my plane was touching down in Toronto after an 11-hour flight from Tel Aviv s Ben Gurion Airport.after they disappeared on June 12 while hitchhiking in the West Bank.Hitchhiking is, or was, seen as just another form of transportation in Israel.This particular hitchhiking attempt, however, would catalyze the largest ground operation in the West Bank in nearly a decade, and result in the gruesome discovery of three partially buried bodies in a field outside Hebron nearly two weeks later.was found in a forest outside of Jerusalem in a suspected revenge attack.Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed to bring to justice the perpetrators of the Arab boy s murder Short Prom Gowns , while also pledging to avenge the deaths of the three slain Israeli teens.Hamas is responsible, Netanyahu said, though the group has not explicitly claimed responsibility for the Israeli teens murder.Rocket fire from Hamas-ruled territory and Israeli air strikes had been increasing over the past month, with escalating ground-level violence sparking fears of a full-blown occupation of the Gaza Strip and potential third intifada.And yet, less than a week ago, I was sipping an iced coffee not 15 minutes away from where Palestinians and Israeli soldiers are now exchanging rocks and tear gas.RelatedIsrael finds bodies of kidnapped teens in West Bank, prime minister promises Hamas ‘will pay’Benjamin Netanyahu warns vigilantes against trying to avenge slain Israeli teens after abducted Arab boy reportedly found dead in Jerusalem forestIsrael is a country that exists in perpetual juxtaposition; ancient structures beside the strikingly modern, soldiers among civilians, string bikinis next to sheitels.It is thoroughly Westernized, and yet, totally Middle Eastern and is enduringly in a state of both peace and war.That concept doesn t make sense until you see the country first hand, which I did for the last two weeks of June through the Taglit-Israel Birthright program, which sponsors trips to Israel for Jewish young adults from across the world.Along with 39 other Canadians and eight Israelis of similar ag.

nach oben springen

at disillusioned Kyle, as in.

r is it because the lilacs Vintage Quinceanera Dresses Sale , like humans who resent the omnipotence of the Deity, begrudge a similar power imbalance when it comes to the gardener?Perhaps they thought she controlled the weather.Their spread is aided and abetted by Charlotte, who thinks they are beautiful.Cultivating the mold and shapes its products into separate colonies named West Lands, the Desert, and the Valley, she begins to relish her role as an all powerful Creator.The only thing between them and disaster or annihilation.When the property manager, alerted by the stink, threatens to destroy her beautiful molds, Charlotte is horrified.They would need a different solar system, another galaxy in which to flourish.Charlotte was listening.She would answer their prayer.The reader is warned that Charlotte’s answer to the mold’s prayers are not for the squeamish.I did pay the price, many times, the sting of my skin slapping against the face of the water, my nose ballooning with her spray, my forehead whipped by her palm.There were times I thought the water hated me.a story about an Olympic diver.the diver proclaims.It was flashy, arrogant to approach water this way.And throughout my years of training, I did pay the price, many times, the sting of my skin slapping against the face of the water, my nose ballooning with her spray, my forehead whipped by her palm.The grotesque is often most evident in literature concerning death, as with the mourning dress given to the Portuguese bride.is almost entirely about the sudden, unexplained death of a middle-aged woman and the subsequent mourning rituals, especially those intended for children.drawings using paint and glitter, paper, beads Quinceanera Dresses 2014 Sale , and pencil crayons.It’s the smiley face grotesque.This free spirit collects used chimes and also makes them herself with cheap jewellery beads, mismatched cutlery, odd screws and long, dangling earrings, pigeon feathers and pine cones, a plastic Tupperware lid, playing cards, rusted nails.These are supposed to attract the dead with sounds only they can hear.says the daughter of the wind chimes collector.Another instance of a grotesque engagement with death is the King Lear ploy, which never succeeds.a ninety-year old widower, living with a horde of cats, summons his three daughters from out of town and asks each of them how much they love him.The results follow the King Lear pattern.I must put things in order, he claimed, and prepare to distribute what I own.The two elder daughters thereupon professed obviously exaggerated love for their father.The third was more candid.The daughters attend the funeral and return to their homes where they care for dogs.This is irony of some kind.Unlike in Shakespeare, none of this seems to matter, ultimately.The father dies and the daughters get all the money left to them by the man’s will after the death of the man’s wife.The only change is that the cats are taken away by the pound.a difficulty exemplified by the title story, which consists of a paragraph or sentence per page, with a phrase at the bottom of the page.The phrases, one supposes, are meant to resonate in juxtaposition with the main text.tongues of fire appeared.appears, a truncated sentence which explains the narrative, to a certain extent.The characters in this collection are indeed spectral figures, roaming a weird landscape.Another anecdote in the movie is completely invented.Kyle and his fellow soldiers enter a civilian house and take up station there.Though the family inside is obviously startled, they welcome the men to have dinner with them.However, when Kyle inspects the house more carefully, he finds WMDs hidden beneath the floorboards Quinceanera Dresses 2015 Sale , and outs the family as pro-insurgency, beginning a firefight.No such incident happens in the memoir.FALLEN FRIENDSKyle’s friendships with his fellow soldiers shifted with each deployment, but two names recur in both movie and text: Ryan Jobs and Marc Lee.Neither portrayal, as it turns out, is accurate onscreen.played by Jake McDorman) is shot in the head and blinded by Syrian sniper Mustafa, but survives long enough to propose to his girlfriend.He dies soon after, and that death defines Kyle’s fourth tour in Iraq and spurs him to seek revenge against Mustafa.In reality, according to Kyle’s memoir, the Navy discharged Biggles from service following his injury.The ex-SEAL attended college, began a career, and got married before dying on the operating table while his wife was pregnant with their first child.Moviegoers will remember Marc Lee (Luke Grimes) as the man who became disillusioned with combat and argued with Kyle shortly before his death in the field.Kyle believes this lack of faith in the war caused his death; Taya disagrees and they debate that point, focusing on a letter Lee wrote his mother, at the memorial service.Though most of the movie’s inaccuracies make Kyle seem more sympathetic, in this case his memoir displays more compassion.In the book, Kyle praises the letter and says he attended a memorial service at base and then paid graveside respects to Lee at the funeral of another SEAL.who appears from nowhere to down American soldiers.we see his face but only in combat.This is also Kyle’s legendary longest shot: 2100 yards or a little over a mile.did not align in one moment.Mustafa existed but only merits this brief mention in Kyle’s memoir:While we were on the berm watching the city, we were also watching warily for an Iraqi sniper known as Mustafa.From the reports we heard, Mustafa was an Olympics marksman who was using his skills against Americans and Iraqi police and soldiers.Several videos had been made and posted, boasting of his ability.I never saw him, but other snipers later killed an Iraqi sniper we think was him.As for his longest confirmed kill, Kyle targeted a roof-bound enemy insurgent aiming a rocket launcher at American soldiers outside Sadr City.And the shot did not, once made, alert Iraqi insurgents to their position and create a dramatic firestorm that disillusioned Kyle, as in.

nach oben springen

er the mattress for the same pist.

forceful women’s rights movement.M’barek Homecoming Dresses 2015 Sale , reached by phone this week at the Tunisian assembly.I don’t think you can beat that.It’s an incredible statement It’s still a draft, but pretty much everyone agrees.The assembly created a new women’s caucus this fall.have agreed to work across party lines to champion women’s rights and make life easier for mothers in politics.Although the assembly has recently reined in its late-night sessions so parents can go home to their children, for example, men laughed when a female official suggested the assembly open a daycare centre.M’barek, a 32-year-old mother of two who was pregnant with her daughter when she ran for election last year.We’re building something for generations to come It’s a long fight.An ice-cream parlour owner dubbed the ice lady for the calculated way in which she killed her ex-husband and lover was sentenced to life in a secure mental institution on Thursday.Estibaliz Carranza, 34, had confessed to shooting the two men at close range in the back of the head, cutting up their bodies with a chainsaw, freezing them in a deep freeze and later interring them in concrete under the cellar of her store.Judge Susanne Lehr told a Vienna court her confession and her state of considerable psychological damage were mitigating factors, but her careful planning and her behaviour after the murders counted against her.Related‘Ice Lady’ confesses to dismembering her two lovers with a chain saw and freezing their bodiesCarranza, wearing the same grey dress she had worn throughout the four-day trial and donning a pair of glasses, did not react to the unanimous jury verdict and nodded to confirm she had understood the sentence.immediately said he would appeal to have the verdict overturned.The photogenic Mexican-Spanish immigrant, whose case has attracted extensive interest from Austrian media, shot dead her German ex-husband Holger Holz with a .calibre Beretta pistol in 2008 as he sat as his computer.Carranza said he had completely changed after their wedding, turning verbally abusive, lazy and joining a Hare Krishna sect.She complained that he had refused to move out when she had a new lover, even after their divorce.The new lover, ice-cream machine salesman Manfred Hinterberger, suffered the same fate two years later, receiving four shots in the back of the head as he lay in bed snoring after she had tried to start a discussion about his infidelity.Carranza had taken courses in shooting and concrete-mixing before the killings, the court heard this week Homecoming Dresses Sale , and joked with a friend about her murder fantasies.On Thursday, Carranza wept as she told the judge: All I can say is that I m sorry I took the lives of Holger and Manfred.Earlier, prosecutor Petra Freh told the court Carranza was a manipulative liar prepared to do anything for her own advantage, according to the Austria Press Agency.Psychiatrist Heidi Kastner, who spent more than 30 hours with Carranza before the trial, said the murderer had a grave, comprehensive, multi-faceted personality disorder and was at considerable risk of killing again if she did not have therapy.Kastner was also the expert psychiatric prosecution witness in the 2009 Fritzl case, spending four months with him before the trial that ended in his conviction for rape, incest, kidnapping and enslavement of his daughter over 24 years.The remains of Carranza s victims were found by chance last year when maintenance work was being done in the building where she had buried them.A former ice cream parlour owner confessed in court on Monday to shooting, sawing up and freezing both her ex-husband and her lover, and burying them under the cellar of her store in Vienna.her; her ex-husband by yelling at her and making fun of her poor German, her lover by being unfaithful.In both cases, she said she had shot her victim with a .calibre Beretta pistol, chopped up the body with a chain saw, put it in a freezer at the parlour, and eventually buried it downstairs in the cellar, the Austria Press Agency reported.Freh said, warning that Carranza could kill again.Carranza told the court the nature of her husband, Holger Holz Hot Cocktail Dresses Sale , had completely changed after their wedding, and that matters had got worse when they were evicted from their apartment and moved into the ice cream shop, and Holz joined the Hare Krishna movement.He slept until 10 o’clock and came at 11 o’clock.We had no ice cream.Even after she started a relationship with ice cream machine salesman Manfred Hinterberger and divorced Holz, he refused to move out, she told the court on Monday.The defence is determined that the jury do not accept the picture that been has given of her as ice-cold, unfeeling, unscrupulous, capable of anything, but rather that they recognise what is behind this facadeOne Sunday, after an argument about the issue, she said she had shot Holz twice in the back of the head and once in the temple as he sat at his computer.with proper treatment.He warned the jury not to be influenced by negative portrayals in the Austrian media, which have had a field day with the story of the Hispanic immigrant and her many lovers.he told journalists.Fritzl was sentenced to life imprisonment for incarcerating his daughter in the basement of his family home for 24 years, during which he physically assaulted and raped her, fathering seven children.Hinterberger left Carranza shortly after her divorce but turned up on the doorstep of the salon with a suitcase a year and a half later after being thrown out by his girlfriend.She said she had taken him back, but then found sex messages on his phone and his profile on a dating site.On the way home from an evening out with friends, where he had flirted with another woman, she had wanted to talk about it but he had simply shouted at her and then gone to bed, she said.He turned to the wall and began snoring.He just turned around and that was the end of the matter for him.She then described how she had reached und

nach oben springen

she talked with David Jackson.

wanted to live or die Cocktail Dresses 2015 Sale , knowing he wasn t being true to who she was.Each time he returned stateside, he came home angry.He punched holes in the wall.He punched a drunk in a bar and spent the night in jail.He deployed 13 times to stay away, his marriage dissolving in the process.He served with the elite Seal Team Six unit.After 20 years fighting for her country, Beck decided to retire and fight for herself.She transitioned in 2013 to a wave of publicity.A former member of SEAL Team Six coming out as a woman made for good television.Anderson Cooper interviewed her in prime time on CNN, and the network later made a 90-minute documentary about her journey called Lady Valor.She covered up her biker-gang tattoo with a ladybug, quit her job as a military consultant, and hit the road to make her living lecturing about human rights.On tour, she talks about staring down Taliban warlords, kicking down doors to capture insurgents, and sparing the life of an armed guard who would become a friend.She talks about coming home to a place that s supposed to be safe and getting beat up outside of a bar for wearing a dress.I have a right to some happiness, she said.She lobbied on behalf of a bill that would make it illegal to discriminate in hiring based on sexual orientation or gender, and advocated for LGBT protections in the military.It took time, but her parents learned to be supportive.It s been harder for her sons, whom she rarely sees anymore.Last year, Beck moved to Maryland s 5th District near Andrews Air Force Base and her mother.At a Pentagon social event, Beck met a woman, Heather Stott, an active technical sergeant in the Air Force Security Forces.The two fell in love and got engaged.Beck had always seen herself as a sheepdog, someone eager to protect the community.Now that she had a home that felt like home, she decided the best way to serve would be to run for Congress.I know I m the underdog, she said, while leaving the house for a full day of campaigning Cocktail Dresses 2016 Sale , But I m going to freakin win.Beck s entrance into politics comes at a big moment for transgender issues.While there has been a surge in pop-culture acceptance (see: Caitlyn Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair, Laverne Cox on the cover of Time magazine, and the acclaimed TV series Transparent ), civil rights for trans people lag behind.Beck would not be allowed to serve as openly transgender in the military.Even while Beck says she won t make LGBT issues a campaign priority, she has positioned herself as a de facto leader.When a community doesn t have that many spokespeople, anyone who decides to put themselves out front automatically becomes a spokesperson, whether they want to or not, said Dana Beyer a transgender woman who has also run for office in Maryland.It might not be fair, but it s the truth.And not everyone is convinced that Beck is up for that particular role.She s famous for speaking right off the cuff and having to backtrack, said Autumn Sandeen, a transgender activist and Navy veteran.Many activists found Beck s disparaging comments about Chelsea Manning ( If Bradley is truly Chelsea then she is a traitor to ME, Beck wrote on Facebook) and Jenner ( He s no hero, Beck said in a TV appearance, raising an eyebrow about the reality star s likely financial windfall) to be counterproductive.Beck is certainly a complicated personality.She makes a living giving speeches about her journey to self-acceptance but doesn t want to be thought of as a transgender candidate.Sometimes she s OK with the term trans other times she asks to be referred to by the Native American term two-spirited.She suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder, manifested by sleep problems and a tendency to repeat herself.She gripes that Hillary Clinton may have lifted the term everyday Americans from her campaign.On a number of occasions, she asks not to be called a hero, even when no one has done so.But as big as her personality is, Beck is trying hard not to make this an identity-based election.equal pay for equal work, term limits for members of Congress, cleaning up the huge amount of human fecal matter in the Chesapeake Bay watershed.I try not to say much about the LGBT community, she said.It s a crazy burden to ask someone to speak for a community.The only time her website broaches the issue, in fact Cocktail Dresses Sale , she declares that gay rights, marriage and a host of other issues should not be directed by a few old white guys in Washington D.but left for the states to decide.This limited government ideology doesn t play well with most LGBT activists, who seek sweeping federal protections.And have they already mentioned that she s trying to take out an incumbent who strongly supported gay marriage in 2012?I wouldn t vote for a trans candidate just because she is trans, said Sarah McBride, the first openly trans person to work in the White House.And from what I know, there are policies that Kristin supports that give me pause.But anytime a transgender person is willing to tell their story and stand up and say this is my community, that s beneficial.So this is how Beck s pitch goes on the trail: She notes that she was a Navy SEAL, mentions how long Hoyer has been in office, calls him some rich millionaire who doesn t understand the plight of working people.In reality, Hoyer is one of the poorest members of the House, according to financial disclosures.last year on the speaking circuit.She does have a way of connecting with voters, adapting her spiel to specific audiences.At a College Park, Maryland, coffee shop, a teacher listened attentively to her arguments for free college education, even while another pair of customers shooed her away without making eye contact.She walked into a local fire station to chat up the crew and admired the Harley-Davidson parked inside, standing with her legs apart and chest out like an alpha male.I don t even remember the last time a politician showed up here, said Deputy Chief Chris Hunter.In a diner parking lot, she talked with David Jackson.

nach oben springen

onceive of the Ultimate Reality

in Vorstellung 09.12.2015 10:46

musicians and florists.said Bruce Sinclair Vintage Prom Dresses Sale , principal at Toronto-based retail and fashion consultancy Sinclair Strategies.It works as a good adjunct business to their gift registry.They are also carrying some smaller Canadian designers, which in the fashion industry is important; it’s important for our designers to get support from big stores.Rodbell did not divulge the size of Hudson’s Bay’s gift registry business, but said it is growing in the double digits and had 50,000 registrants last year.Historically the largest registry business in the country, HBC’s competitors tend to be much smaller or niche players, such as Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn, Mountain Equipment Co-Op, Lee Valley Tools and Ashley’s.Home Depot and Canadian Tire pulled out of their registry businesses years ago after they failed to gain traction.Kleinfeld is part of an ongoing bid by chief executive Richard Baker to transform less productive square footage by adding top brands as franchises to Hudson’s Bay stores, exemplified first by the company’s success in incorporating nine boutiques from U.chain Topshop into Bay stores across the country.on their big day, but many don’t think they’ll be able to foot the entire bill, according to a new study.The BMO InvestorLine survey of 500 adults revealed that nearly 40% of respondents believe their ideal wedding is out of reach.Canadians surveyed expect to cover 60% of the costs associated with their wedding by drawing on investments or other savings.For the remaining costs, they predict they’ll rely on parents and gifts from friends.at how little respondents would allocate for a potential wedding.I think retirement falls into that category where people will typically underestimate what they’re going to need to spend and then they get surprised.she said in a phone interview Wednesday.Barker-Merz was also surprised by respondents who said they’d rely on credit cards and/or lines of credit.Typically, lines of credit and credit cards when it comes to weddings is for those unforeseens, things you didn’t plan for and anticipate.The fact that the people surveyed have that as part of their plan just points to the need of really getting smart on how to plan, how to budget, how to save money and plan for what you can afford.recalled Gorman, editor of Wedding Obsession, a Canadian wedding blog dedicated to the modern bride.for approximately 150 guests.Basically, money I had allotted for other things I used to pay for my wedding.Gorman said one reason her budget surged was underestimating the cost of feeding guests.per person for food.Depending on whether you want an open bar, limited bar Junior Prom Dresses Sale , drink tickets, all of that stuff adds up.Barker-Merz suggested individuals start putting together a budget and setting aside money monthly for an affordable event.She recommends a tax-free savings account as a good investment vehicle.RelatedAsked Answered: The Juliet cap veil is the bride’s head, revisitedTrending: Brides say ‘I do’ to milkmaid braids and big frizzy hairTo help scale back on costs, Gorman took on a lot of do-it-yourself projects such as packaging her own favours.But as she reflects on her day four years on, she admits she would approach the process differently today.I loved my wedding and I have no regrets.But if I could have gone back I would have scaled it down, I would have made it more intimate.And I think a lot of things I worried about and wanted to spend money on probably weren’t really worth it.The online survey of 500 adults who are not currently married but at least somewhat likely to get married in the future was conducted for BMO InvestorLine by Pollara between April 11-15.The margin of error is plus or minus 4.percentage points, 19 times out of 20.In June 1985, a bomb planted by Sikh terrorists exploded on board Air India Flight 182 over the Irish Sea.The 329 dead were nearly all Canadians, by birth or naturalization, a fact which initially escaped notice in Canada.With the passage of time, however, the impact of the tragedy on our historical memory seems to have increased, as evidenced by its chronicling in Canadian journalism, fiction, film documentaries and so on.This is understandable.Such trust we have in our aircraft.As the disappearance of Flight 370 reminds us, few things are more chilling than the spectacle of that trust betrayed by human malice.But the Air India episode had local dimensions.an act of brown-on-brown terrorism that a (nearly) white government failed to prevent or even properly to investigate.So we have history woven into this ambitious novel, as well as philosophy (Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle makes an appearance), religion, domestic drama, the politics of multiculturalism and so on.Carrying this load is the protagonist Ashwin Rao Prom Dresses 2014 Sale , who leaves India in 1969 to study medicine at McGill, and becomes a psychologist.His project in the novel is to collect stories from relatives and friends of the victims of the bombing to see how they managed their bereavement.monolithic notions of their identities, their histories, and, most importantly, their destinies.By inserting himself into the process, moreover, he understands their stories better and understands himself better.In furtherance of this work, Ashwin installs himself in the British Columbia town of Lohikarma, where he very much makes himself part of the narrative process by befriending a university physics instructor named Seth, and his wife and two daughters.Seth had no family members on board the flight but has close links with many who did, including a family friend and university colleague named Venkat, whose wife and son were killed.Venkat manages his loss by embracing Hindu nationalism, Seth by immersing himself ever more deeply in a religious movement headed by a guru named Shivashakti, sometimes regarded by his devotees as God.Shivashakti’s followers believe.It’s simply easier, especially if a god has been so kind as to manifest in your lifetime, to conceive of the Ultimate Reality .

nach oben springen

urchases (included previous.

to project onto her.This insight is consistent with Time s description of her as a latter-day Mona Lisa Prom Dresses Sale , always smiling mysteriously but known for keeping mum.Certainly, there have been stumbles along the young woman s road to influence, from photos painting her as a party girl to the recent incident in France.But Bell believes these things to be comparatively tame next to the exploits of those other famous sisters, the Kardashians.No worries, Pippa, she says, laughing.Sometimes it’s just not enough to quietly think terrible thoughts about King Joffrey.You’re sitting there watching Game of Thrones, Joffrey’s being a snivelling, entitled sociopath, and you just have to let it be known on Twitter that OH PLEASE I WANT JOFFREY TO DIE!PREFERABLY WITH FIRE.And, hashtag #GameofThrones, there, you feel much better.The practice of posting Twitter updates while watching live television is, like most facets of social media, on a sharp rise.Bluefin Labs, a social media analytics company based in Cambridge, Mass.and co-founded by Canadian MIT professor Deb Roy, reports that almost 60,000 comments about the Season 2 premiere of Game of Thrones were posted to social media, primarily Twitter, during its initial airing on HBO earlier this month.It doesn’t specifically report how many of those were viewers urging violent death upon Joffrey Baratheon Wedding Umbrellas Sale , but I bet it’s a lot.RelatedHow to approach Game of Thrones, for nerds and newbiesMad Men is back: Matt Weiner and the show’s cast discuss their return to AMCAnd while studying television-related tweeting might seem a somewhat superficial pursuit, there is much for networks and, increasingly, advertisers to glean from what is being said on the Twitter machine.What you tweet says a lot about you.Companies that would like to sell you things want to know what that is.Roy gave an address last week to an audience of television and advertising executives in Toronto, where he explained how Bluefin was able to compile Twitter data to determine what was being said about what shows and at what time.Further still, it analyzes other tweets from users who post about a certain series to build a demographic profile of sorts.in order to get a sense of the proportion of viewers of CSI who are parents.If nothing else, it’s a handy reminder that everything you tweet is in the public domain.Bluefin’s service is now being extended to advertisers, who can find out what viewers are saying about their latest campaigns.This is of particular use for companies that buy time across many channels; Roy demonstrated how Twitter chatter about certain products spiked on some networks, but not others.Twitter mentions of Taco Bell went up four-fold after an intense TV ad campaign.All of this is simply more data for networks and advertisers to digest, to be sure, but it is becoming more relevant in our fractured media landscape.At the same Toronto conference, senior executives with Canada’s major broadcasters discussed some of the challenges facing the industry.There was agreement on the panel that one of the key problems is the hole in traditional television-ratings systems that is created by the multi-platform way in which television is now consumed.People watch on computers, tablets, smartphones, PVRs and all at whatever time suits them.WHOA FAT BETTY DRAPER!tweets pop up even weeks after that episode first aired.Twitter: not just for making fun of a drunk Snooki anymore.The New York Times wrote a story recently about the series Frozen Planet, which wrapped its six-episode run on Discovery in the United States and Canada on Sunday.In that earnest New York Times way, it wondered if the documentary series on life at Earth’s two poles had erred in not making the cause of climate-change a part of its subject matter.To that, I say: Bah.picture it portrays of nature.From the footage of baby polar bears sliding down the side of an ice-covered hill as they emerged from a winter den to the bloody fight between a bison and a wolf, this was a series full of great surprises.In a finale that focused on the effects of a warming climate, the images were no less stunning: huge sheets of ice breaking from glaciers Wedding Gloves Sale , rivers of sapphire-blue water created by Greenland’s melting ice pack, a shoreline that is teeming with seals as the ice retreats around them.Did the producers need to cram a lecture in there?No, the effects are plain to see.Like the entire series, it was fascinating.If you missed it the first time around, Discovery Canada begins re-airing it this weekend.a series such as Real Housewives has thousands of hours of footage that is carved out in order to get a solid 10 hours of bitchiness and backstabbing.Shaw’s Slice channel is attempting to work around this problem by debuting four new series in heavy rotation, with the producers of each ready to begin filming again soon if one becomes a breakout hit.The idea is to minimize lag time between a show’s initial success and its follow-up season.The new titles begin their rollout on May 10: Love Hunters, Wedding Dress Wars, My Teenage Wedding and Make Me Over, Make Me Under.You can probably deduce what each is about.Don t let the drizzle cramp your Saturday wanderings!Not only is there a kick-art craft show this weekend, but sample sales galore.The spring edition of City of Craft is here (at Trinity St.Paul s United Church, 427 Bloor S.one block west of Spadina).The hall is filled with locally handmade goods, from vintage reworked pieces to supplies, stationery, home goods and jewellery by this slew of stellar vendors.admission (kids 12 and under get in free).The designers behind Chloe Comme Parris are having a Spring Pop-Up Shop and studio sale this weekend at their new digs (at 24 Ryerson Ave.Expect up to 80% off their beautiful past collections and the opportunity to place pre-orders for their Fall 2012 collection, too.Cash or cheque only, Saturday and Sunday, 11am-5pm.Roots Customer Appreciation Sale, which means 25% off purchases (included previous.

nach oben springen

ame the first Queen to see a grandchild accede the throne.

re of John Pennoyer’s set Wedding Jackets Sale , in surprise disguise; either he’s been getting some spying in early, or his taste for dress-up is already well developed, or the cynical Lucio was more right about the Duke’s non-ducal habits than even he might have guessed.Talking (again) of habits: along with his friar’s uniform, Geraint Wyn Davies’ Duke borrows a Welsh accent (which to this actor, of course, comes naturally) from one member of his host order and a pair of spectacles from another.This gives him charm, along with his natural unforced authority, but it’s sometimes hard to tell whether it’s the actor or the character who most enjoys exerting it.moral force or heartless manipulator?and this production and performance, intentionally or not, leave him ambiguous.A crowd of good performances cover all the play’s bases.On the streets there’s Stephen Ouimette’s raddled Lucio, an irrepressible hard case, Randy Hughson’s pockmarked pimp, and Brian Tree for whom the role of Elbow the indignant constable was probably written.On the bench there’s Peter Hutt’s Escalus, finding a remarkable range of magisterial gradations.In prison, there are Stephen Russell’s properly gentle Provost, Robert Persichini huge and hairy as the unregenerate Barnadine, and Ruby Joy bringing unwonted pride to the pregnant Juliet.In the moated grange, here equipped with its own ferry, there’s Sarah Afful’s Mariana who sings her own song.The list goes right down to the First and Second Gentlemen, the latter of whom (E.Smith) doubles as the executioner Abhorson, a true professional.The last scene, in which they all (except the dog) foregather, is very well-ordered, tense and exciting.The production is both riveting and perplexing: like the play.Is there a better-constructed scene in any musical than the wedding in Fiddler on the Roof?There’s the joy of the ceremony itself Wedding Tiaras Sale , accompanied by the infallibly moving Sunrise, Sunset; then the celebration, including the immortal Bottle Dance; then the squabbling domestic comedy, centred around the unsuccessful suitor; then more dancing, with the joyous breaking down of barriers between men and women advancing the political plot; then its brutal interruption by the Czarist police; finally Tevye’s brusque instructions to clear up, followed by the desperate shrug of his silent, questioning appeal to heaven.Donna Feore’s Stratford production makes the pogrom scarier than the usual carefully choreographedfurniture-smashing; this time, people get hurt.She also, as choreographer, blesses us with some spectacular Cossack leaps and splits in To Life, though the earlier parts of this number aren’t as incandescent as they were in the previous, unforgettable Stratford production.Nor is the show as a whole, and not just because Scott Wentworth’s Tevye can hardly hope to be as supernaturally moving as was Brent Carver’s.He’s still good: fine in his singing and, in his acting, increasingly powerful the more rugged the character and the situation become.It’s also a tickle to see him, the night after his Capulet in Romeo, playing another father with disobedient daughter troubles; maybe Juliet’s marital problems could have been solved if her dad had had the right dream.The design incorporates a number of portable dollhouses, which don’t do much to suggest Anatevka or anywhere else, and some motifs hanging from the ceiling too crude to be the Chagallian homage that must have been intended.superbly crafted book, Jerry Bock’s lovely stirring music, and Sheldon Harnick’s lyrics, even if they tend to explain things too earnestly for the benefit of the Gentiles.It isn’t quite indestructible (Harvey Fierstein proved that a few years ago) but it’s the next best thing.Measure for Measure is in repertory at the Tom Patterson Theatre, Stratford, through Sept.Fiddler on the Roof at the Festival Theatre through Oct.Queen Elizabeth II: The Coronation Wedding Veils Sale , by the numbersHad the modern media been around back at the dawn of the Second Elizabethan Era, these might have been the headlines:Exclusive!Gifts on the day include an orb, sceptre, jewelled swordis, bracelets and golden spurs!to fit into the Norman Hartnell gown!Pharmacy that mixes traditional Anointing Oil out of business, but recipe found just in time to save the day!Cinnamon and musk are the scents Lizzie chose to make her special day complete!A dress fit for a princess!The ceremonial Supertunica is cut from cloth made of pure woven gold!the lavish gown was hidden under a ceremonial gown called the Colobium, a simple pleated white linen dress symbolic of a monarch’s rejection of vanity4 Pounds, 12 ounces: The weight of the solid gold St.Edward’s Crown, made in 1661 and placed on HRH’s head during the service5 Different types of flowers in the all-white Coronation Bouquet created by the Worshipful Company of Gardeners: orchids from Wales and England, stephanotis from Scotland, carnations from Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man, and English lilies-of-the-valley6 Times the Queen has shopped her closet and re-worn the Hartnell gown since the Coronation, the last occasion of which was the Opening of Parliament in Canada in 19577 Ladies including 6 Coronation Maids in attendance to Her Majesty: two Ladies of the Bedchamber, four Women of the Bedchamber, and the Mistress of the Robes8 Months for royal dressmaker Norman Hartnell to execute the dress, chosen of the eighth design sketch he submitted, in white satin with a fitted bodice, embroidered with gold and silver thread, seed pearls and crystals with emblems of the Commonwealth, including gold maple leaves for Canada8 Grey geldings pulled the Gold State Coach from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey11 Million Britons listened to the ceremony on the radio20 Yards of purple velvet train27 Million Britons watched the ceremony on television38 British sovereigns crowned at Westminster Abbey before Queen Elizabeth81 Age of the Queen’s grandmother, Queen Mary, when she became the first Queen to see a grandchild accede the throne.

nach oben springen

who recently married an American surgeon

in Vorstellung 25.02.2016 09:18

were among the late arrivals on Saturday, joining Clooney s Davids Bridal Prom Dresses cousin Miguel Ferrer, Ellen Barkin, Anna Wintour and Richard Kind, among those who arrived on Friday.Clooney and Alamuddin are among thousands of non-Venetian couples, foreign and Italian, who choose each year to marry in Venice, and the city administration smooths over the process with an on-line application form and list of documents needed to make the ceremony legally binding.Mark s Square, a bride dressed in white was kissing her groom as photographers snapped away.The couple said they didn t mind sharing the spotlight with the Hollywood star and his bride.It is a pleasure for us that a person as famous as him is celebrating his wedding here just like us, said Michele Santoriello.Alamuddin, a London-based human rights lawyer, is of Lebanese origin, and her wedding was also being celebrated Saturday in her family s village of origin, Baakline in the Chouf district.Alamuddin left Lebanon during the civil war and was raised in the United Kingdom.She met Clooney, who is active in many political causes, through her work.As the wedding party descended on Venice, the Alamuddin family house in Baakline was empty.Her neighbors said the bride s cousins departed the night before.Many villagers welcomed the news of the impending nuptials.We congratulate them and we hope that the happiness will be international, said shopkeeper Ghassan Bou Hatoum.Luca Bruno in Venice, Maeva Bambuck in Baakline, Lebanon and Colleen Barry in Milan contributed to this report.Not since the gilded barges of the doges swept down the Grand Canal will Venice have seen such a spectacle.More than 150 Hollywood stars and luminaries of the art world will travel down one of the world’s most famous waterways tomorrow (Saturday) for the wedding of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin, his British fiancee.The guests, who are expected to include Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Matt Damon, Cindy Crawford, Bono from U2, the opera tenor Andrea Bocelli and the singer Lana Del Rey, will be ferried from the Hotel Cipriano, Davids Bridal Wedding Dresses on the island of Giudecca, to the Aman hotel on the Grand Canal, Venice’s only seven-star hotel, where the wedding reception is expected to take place.RelatedFive things you don’t need to know about the George Clooney-Amal Alamuddin weddingGeorge Clooney and Amal Alamuddin plan to wed in Italy as couple posts legal notice declaring intention to marry thereBut the marriage, which has been the subject of fevered speculation for weeks, will present a security headache for the Venetian authorities.Celebrities will be escorted by police boats, an official at Venice city council confirmed, while other vessels, including gondolas, will be barred from lingering outside the Aman, which occupies a restored canal-front palace at the Palazzo Papadopoli.The authorities are expected to stop short of completely closing the Grand Canal, which would cause an uproar among tourists and residents, but they will prevent boatloads of photographers from floating in front of the hotel in the hope of catching a glimpse of Clooney and his friends.The growing excitement surrounding the wedding has raised the spectre of past tragedies, caused when the waterways of Venice have become too crowded.A German tourist died last year near the famed Rialto Bridge after the gondola that he and his family had rented was hit by a vaporetto, one of the water buses that ply the city’s canals.The 50-year-old holidaymaker was crushed by the force of the collision, which threw his wife and their three children into the water.While the Aman Hotel will host the wedding reception, the civil ceremony is expected to take place on Monday in a palatial building on the Grand Canal owned by Venice council.Ca’ Farsetti, which sits almost opposite the Aman Hotel, is a stunning 14th century palazzo that houses Venice’s town hall and main council offices.The narrow alleyways and stone walkways around the town hall will be closed to pedestrians between noon and 2 p.on Monday, Venice council announced.The celebrity event was likely to attract David's Bridal large numbers of spectators and could present a risk to public safety, the council said.The couple will be married by Walter Veltroni, a friend of 53-year-old Clooney and a former mayor of Rome, who has obtained a special licence to perform the ceremony.The actor and director is expected to wear an Armani suit, while Ms Alamuddin, a human rights lawyer, will wear an Alexander McQueen dress designed by Sarah Burton, who was responsible for the Duchess of Cambridge’s bridal gown.Clooney’s best man is Rande Gerber, the husband of Cindy Crawford, while Ms Alamuddin’s chief bridesmaid is expected to be her sister, Tala.he has stayed there several times, especially during the annual Venice Film Festival.But he ruled it out as a wedding venue because of the ghosts of girlfriends past.He took many of his former flames there, including the Italian showgirl Elisabetta Canalis, who recently married an American surgeon in Sardinia.On Saturday, George Clooney will tie the knot with lawyer Amal Alamuddin at Venice s 14th century Ca Farsetti palazzo, in a ceremony that will be beautiful, lavish and just teeming with paparazzi.about the weddings of people we know.my mother s wedding dress, but I can tell you off the top of my head that Kim Kardashian got married in Givenchy (and I bet you can, too, don t even lie).and then all of a sudden, whoops, he s in love and wants to commit in a traditional fashion.Anyway, here s a bunch of potentially-not-even-true information about the ceremony on Saturday, for those keeping score at home.George Clooney will mix drinks!Or, at least, he probably will.Belmond Hotel Cipriani, where Clooney is a frequent guest.to just waltz behind a hotel bar and start screwing around with the glassware.You are not George Clooney.Amal Alamuddin will wear a dress designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen!Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen?Ladies wearin dresses, am I right?Ge

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: xxyckt
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 1671 Gäste und 28 Mitglieder online.