headerimg

Scottsdale after playing a quick nine holes and assessed t

in Teamumbenennung 09.11.2015 02:17
von wxy1123 • 32 Beiträge | 215 Punkte

PHILADELPHIA -- Allen Iverson cupped his hand to his left ear and asked to hear his favourite tune one more time. With that command, 20,000 roaring Philadelphia 76ers fans gave AI the standing ovation he earned by stamping himself as one of the franchises all-time greats. Iverson, emotional as he thanked former teammates and friends, had his No. 3 retired at halftime of Saturdays game against Washington. High above the Wells Fargo Center court, Iversons banner slipped between Maurice Cheeks No. 10 and Charles Barkleys No. 34. "They all wanted me to talk about how much yall loved me," Iverson said, "but trust me, the feeling was mutual." Iverson officially retired in October after last playing in 2010. He won four scoring titles for the Sixers and was the 2001 MVP when he led them to the NBA Finals. He never won a championship, the lone omission in a career that is destined for the Hall of Fame. The Sixers may as well have turned the arena into an AI museum. Four banners greeted fans at the main concourse entrance, and photos of him were plastered all around the arena. The merchandise stands sold Iverson jerseys for $130, and lower level tickets were going for as much for $1,280 on Stubhub about an hour before the 7:30 p.m. tipoff. The fans loved him, and he blew them kisses after the No. 3 was raised to show how much he loved them back. "I am Philly," Iverson said. "Its always going to be that way." Iversons return injected a rare dose of excitement into a franchise playing some of the worst basketball in the league. The Sixers, in full-blown rebuilding mode, had lost 12 straight entering Saturdays game. The losing didnt matter much Saturday, just the memories. The Sixers wore special "Iverson Forever" patches on their jerseys and Iversons 3 on their pregame warmup shirts. "Its a great example of how this city responds to somebody that they clearly think the world of and brought such exciting times to the city of Philadelphia," Sixers coach Brett Brown said. The Sixers retirement gift was a boat named in honour of his nickname, "The Answer." "It feels good," Iverson said after the ceremony, "but some part of my heart hurts because I know its over." Iverson joined Cheeks, Barkley, Wilt Chamberlain and Julius Erving among the eight retired numbers in franchise history. Erving attended the ceremony. Moses Malone, Dikembe Mutombo, Theo Ratliff, Gary Payton and former team president Pat Croce also were at the celebration. Former coach Larry Brown, who both clashed with and loved Iverson over their tenure, sent a videotaped message. "I just want to tell you, and I say this fondly: God put me there to coach you," Brown said. Iverson said Brown was the player who moulded him into one of the NBAs best. "I always had raw talent," he said. "I needed Larry Brown to polish it up." Iverson was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft and spent his first 10 seasons in Philadelphia. He also played for Denver, Detroit, and Memphis before returning to Philadelphia for a 25-game stint in 2009-10. Iverson, who mashed hip-hop culture and hoops like no player before him, was perhaps at his peak in his fifth NBA season. The 165-pound guard averaged 31.1 points, was the MVP of the All-Star game and propped an entire franchise on his 6-foot frame all the way to the finals. Led by Brown, the Sixers needed Game 7 wins in consecutive series for the right to play the Lakers. Shaquille ONeal, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers swept their way through the post-season before Game 1 in Los Angeles. Iverson had 48 points in 52 minutes of an overtime victory. The Sixers didnt have enough to go the distance and the Lakers won the next four games. Hes 21st on the NBAs career scoring list with 24,368 points over 914 career games. Iverson, drafted out of Georgetown, scored 30-plus points 345 times and was an 11-time All-Star. His No. 3 jersey was a bestseller around the globe, the headband wrapped snugly around his cornrows, and the tattoos were as much a part of his image as the way he ricochets around the court. Play every game like it was his last was more than a catchphrase, it was a lifestyle. "Who could not be an Allen Iverson fan?" said Thaddeus Young, the lone current Sixers player who played with Iverson. "It got no bigger than him in Philadelphia." NBA Commissioner Adam Silver was at the game for AIs night. "Allen was a special player," Silver said before the game. "The great things he did for the league far outweigh the occasional headache. I always thought even at the time of Allen Iversons prominence in the league, he was representative of his generation." nike roshe run prezzo . The team announced Wednesday that the six-time American League All-Star agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million contract, opting to come back rather than retire or sign elsewhere. The 37-year-old Konerko will receive $1. new balance 574 saldi . TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger addressed the Dion Phaneuf rumours on TSN Radio 1050 Monday, saying although the Leafs may not be “shopping” their No. 1 defenceman, he is not considered untouchable and GM Dave Nonis would be willing to listen to offers. http://www.itvenditascarpe.com/nike-air-...ax-90-uomo.html. It was one of the few pitches the Giants slugger guessed wrong on, and the last one from Nolasco he let get by. Morse hit a bases-loaded double on Nolascos next offering -- one of three doubles by San Franciscos first baseman -- helping the Giants to an 8-1 win over the Twins on Sunday that completed a three-game sweep. adidas zx 700 uomo . Kerr shot a four-under 66 for a second consecutive day, while Park carded a five-under 65, leaving both tied for top spot after two rounds at the Royal Mayfair Golf Club. Both were 8-under 132 in a day of golf under slightly overcast skies with gentle winds. nike roshe run prezzo basso . -- London Knights goaltender Anthony Stolarz has been suspended eight games for swinging his stick at the head of Windsor Spitfires forward Josh Ho-Sang, the Ontario Hockey League team announced Wednesday.Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Bill Haas has consistently won on the PGA Tour with six titles over the last six years, with two wins in the 2010 season. He fought through a crowded leaderboard on Sunday to win the Humana Challenge and pick up his first win since the 2013 season. Can he continue the momentum after this victory? His wins in 2011 (Tour Championship) and 2013 (AT&T National) helped him make his only two national teams as he played on the United States Presidents Cup teams those seasons. In his career, the only time Haas kept a little momentum after a win was in the 2010 campaign, when he won twice. His first victory that season happened in January and his second title was in October. But those wins were among just four top-10 finishes for the season. The following year his victory was the seventh and final top-10 finish of the season. It also came at the end of the season, so there wasnt much he could do. He could have used the momentum to carry him into the Presidents Cup, but he went just 1-3-1 at that event. Haas win in 2012 was early in the season as he won the Northern Trust Open at Riviera. He played 18 more events the remainder of that season, and posted just one more top-10 finish. His 2013 victory came in July and he played nine events following that title. He notched two more top-10s after the victory. History shows that Haas has struggled to carry the momentum through a full season. Can he do that this time around? Coming off a 2014 season in which he played through a wrist injury, Haas seemed surprised that he won on Sunday. Honestly, if you would have told me I would have done this last week, I would have laughed at you, Haas said afterward. Its definitely a relief. Any kind of a win is unbelievable. If Haas can carry the momentum through this season, it will depend on the health of his wrist. Well, its definitely a concern, just because any time your body doesnt feel great, you dont know whats going on. And theres a tiny little fracture and a tiny little bone in my wrist and I was able to play on it, Haas said. It doesnt hurt that bad to hit, but I do think I favor it. Ive lost distance since I hurt it and thats something Ive been complaining about. Just trying to let it get healthy enough to where I can be more aggressive through the ball. Whether or not it hurts or not, I think my bodys compensating for it a little bit, unconsciously. Haas is lowering expectations and being realistic at the same time. One bad swing could put him on the shelf for a lengthy amount of time. He has aveeraged 27 events a season in his nine full seasons on the tour.dddddddddddd. So with the season in full swing, it is hard to find time to take more than two or three straight weeks off to rest. Rest, patience and focus are three things Haas will need a premium on the remainder of this season if he is to carry the momentum from this victory through the year. WOODS READY TO GO Tiger Woods met with the media at the TPC Scottsdale after playing a quick nine holes and assessed the state of his game. He also reminisced about his previous appearances at the Phoenix Open. Woods has played the event three times, but not since 2001. Two of those trips were memorable. In his first appearance in 1997, Woods had a hole-in-one ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9U1bDcYbG0) on the raucous par-3 16th. Smelling and hearing the beer hit behind me on the tee box ... to see all this beer flying was crazy, Woods recalled of his ace. Two years later, his tee shot on the par-5 13th stopped behind a boulder in the desert (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4lVCF8c5zk), but he got a few friends to move it. I thought it was lighter than it was, Woods joked of the boulder. I thought I could move it (because it was a loose impediment). Evidently it took like five other dudes to do it. The funny thing about it is, they moved it the wrong way. If you remember, I hit it in the right bunker, but I wanted to hit it up the left. Woods not only chuckled several times sharing those stories, but showed off his photographic memory of his career at the same time. He went on to say that he is now healthy after a lengthy battle with the flu, and he is getting back to hitting his golf ball distances that he didnt think he would be able to get back to following his back problems last year. We may not be able see that first hand this week with cool, rainy conditions expected on Friday and Saturday. It will be interesting what Woods game looks like because he played one tournament since August. His short game will be the biggest focus of the week after he struggled with it at his own event in December. MINI-TIDBITS * Branden Grace has had six 54-hole leads in his European Tour career, and he has won all six events. He fired a 66 in the final round in Qatar to win by one stroke. * The LPGA and Web.com tours kick off their seasons this week. The LPGA has a new event in Florida and you can tell the players are ready for the season to get underway as 16 of the top-20 players from the world rankings are in the field at the Coates Golf Championship. cheap nfl jerseys authentic jerseys nfl wholesale wholesale jerseys cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: theopencham
Besucherzähler
Heute waren 282 Gäste und 2 Mitglieder online.

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 7882 Themen und 12667 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder Online:
andrew107, theopencham